Summary: Reporting to the Project manager and/or site foreman the Labourer is responsible for using hand tools and heavy equipment to perform the scope of work prescribed by the drawings and work plan.
- Uses hand tools and small equipment (ie. tampers) to prepare surfaces to grade and compaction.
- Assists in the installation of in ground piping for water, storm, waste
- Assists taking grades, places grade stakes, installs silt fencing, installs, and places safety barricades, performs general housekeeping duties.
- Perform pre operation inspections of tools and equipment and report deficiencies to supervisor.
- Safely and respectfully operate equipment to meet daily plan and production targets.
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system
- Understand and adhere to all policies, procedures, and standards
- Train on new equipment when requested
- Take care to utilize materials to their fullest extent looking for opportunities to save or reuse materials where possible.
- Participate and provide feedback during company toolbox meetings
- Work with others in a team environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience operating various tools and equipment in a construction environment
- Applied and demonstrated ability to operate equipment according to manufacturer recommendations
- Worked in and or around construction sites with knowledge of site service installations (water, sanitary, storm) a requirement
- Able assist setting grades using laser level a requirement
- Applied knowledge of:
- elevations, grades, slopes
- fine grading
- soil and aggregate types
- loading and receiving materials
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds over short distances.
- Access to a reliable vehicle considered an asset.
- Expertise and proven experience with safe workplace initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$24.00 per hour depending on experience
All new hires require to be "fully vaccinated" as a means of protecting the health and safety of the Kynock team and their families.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org